Saturday, March 15, 2008
Starbucks Post for "In Your Face" Column
This picture above was created and is property of businessweek.com. The comment below was the original comment posted on businessweek.com's website for an article called "How to re-energize Starbucks". After posting this comment, businessweek.com selected this comment for their "In Your Face" feature for readers. Businessweek.com is moving quickly to become a website which is embracing its readers and engaging them in conversation.
andrew kaplan Feb 21, 2008 4:11 PM GMT
1. Focus on a niche for non-coffee drinkers as well such as moms with small kids. They have organic apple juice,milk and also really their cream based frappucinos are really close to milk shakes..(no caffeine)..
2.They also should get rid of the merchandising and focus on teaching the customers about coffee. Most customers and coffee drinkers do not realize each coffee is paired with a cake/food they sell and can eliminate the need for pouring milk and sugar into regular coffee as it sweetens the taste. Many of their bold coffees have better taste when paired with chocolate.
3. They really should have some type of community bulletin board in all stores.
4. They should have a permanent counter with stools and a barista teaching...and attracting single customers.
5. They should hire "public speaking baristas" who can go out to the community
6. GO GREEN - Have real mugs and encourage use of travel cups (give a large discount to "Green Customers".