Thursday, March 12, 2009
Twitter is the latest new social media service or "fad" to reach the world. In may ways this simple idea os seeing what your "friends" are up to as morphed into something, I don't even think the creators believed. This is the first of a series of articles and stories with MediaMensch's journey into Twitter.
Here is a list of 10 things that twitter does. (and this is just the beginning of the list).
1. Provides on the spot live reporting faster than CNN
2. Allows people with similar ideas to find each other
3. Brings communities together around a common cause
4. Shines a spotlight on some of the top conferences and trade shows
5. Allows you to promote yourself or company as a "brand"
6. Flattens hierarchy and class systems by letting you reach top leaders
7. Provides you with a new platform for market research on a product
8. Magnifies your blogs, photos plus books, and articles that your are reading
9. Changes traditional television with live status updates from viewers
10. Feeds status updates into Facebook and LinkedIn,
www.twitter.com/mediamensch (Andrew Kaplsn's take on life and media)
www.twitter.com/coachkaplan (social media tips and tricks)
www.twitter.com/linktocharlotte (a work in progress to magnify our social network)